Search within this web site:

 
you are here ::

Economy, Energy

Kariba Dam, Hwange, coal reserves, thermal power stations, metric tons

Zimbabwe is rich in energy resources. The coal reserves at Hwange are estimated at 30,000 million metric tons, of which 5 million are mined each year to supply two thermal power stations. Such plants produced 70 percent of the country’s electricity in 1999, while the remaining 30 percent came from hydroelectric facilities at the Kariba Dam, which was completed in 1959.



Article key phrases:

Kariba Dam, Hwange, coal reserves, thermal power stations, metric tons, Zimbabwe, energy resources, plants, percent, year

 
 

Search within this web site: